Dwe, Yenplu, Wonly, | Teen Ink

Dwe, Yenplu, Wonly,

By Jacknel123 GOLD, Miami, Florida
Jacknel123 GOLD, Miami, Florida

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"
-- MARK TWAIN

Another element in the dream is these 20 masks encircling the region temptation. Engraved on the back of each mask is this verse "We wear the mask that grins and lies; it hides our cheeks and shades our eyes. This debt we pay to human guilt; with torn and bleeding hearts we smile, and mouth with myriad subtleties."

The masks in my dream serve as this barrier between the truth and telling what some people call a little white lie. People from African tribal communities have used them for rituals such as weddings, funerals and entering the spirit world. Each one of my masks is a product of these traditional tribal societies. Some masks have faces on them while others don’t but each has a unique expression. People who choose to venture off in that region come back psychologically changed in how they perceive the other people on the island. They find joy in sharing everything they own

Similar images

This art has 1 comment.

squalur996 GOLD, Henderson, Nevada

"If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character....would you slow down? Or speed up?
-- Chuck Palanick

These are amazingly artistic!