Break Out | Teen Ink

Break Out

By Jacknel123 GOLD, Miami, Florida
Jacknel123 GOLD, Miami, Florida

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"
-- MARK TWAIN

My dreams are made of different components; the island unifies each character to co-exist with one another. "The island" as I call it, is the main focal point in my dream, the characters are reincarnated to this place from various parts of the world and just as fast as they arrive there they have to learn how to survive. Each character is not given an option of nobility nor class; in fact stature does not even matter. One example is the character “Break Out” who was a business man/ sales person who began working for a major business firm in Europe. Many months went by, and he was fired from his job. He failed to realize that it was his own actions that caused him to lose his job therefore so he committed suicide. Now that he is on this island he appreciates life more, but he is unable to become human ever again because he did not value the greatest gift of all: life.

One of the most dramatic forms of metamorphosis is the change from the immature insect into the adult form. The insect has a typical life cycle that consists of an egg, a larva and then it emerges into an adult insect. The character “Break out” embodies these different metamorphosis and they also serve as different discourses for universal symbols such as love, hate, despair and compassion. These symbols pervades throughout the universe, they have fundamental forces and principles that are part of our character.

Similar images

This art has 16 comments.

Meaghan_Elise BRONZE, Franklin, New Hampshire

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything..

This is really an interesting sculpture.. I like it a lot:D I love how dramatic it is, nice work(:

ErictheRed SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up."
Mark Twain

"An empty stomach is not a good political adviser."
Albert Einstein

Your obviously tallented, but what I think makes you work special is that you do somthing most dont; you see beyond the peice. You are able to create an entire world around you peices, that is a gift, dont forget it.

dDawgg77 said...
dDawgg77, No Answer, Missouri

"that's awsome"

coool caterpillar face!!!!!!!! that is really cool. and im sure it cas a deep meaning but... what??

Robert Thompson BRONZE, Cadillac, Michigan
I like it, but what is it?

Matt-JT said...
hey jacknel, ive been looking through the pages, and i noticed a lot of your work. i love the style you've adapted, and i am happy for you since one of your pieces was inducted into the magazine... congratz

Jessie_michelle BRONZE, Morris, Alabama

I thought I knew my best friend, I thought I knew the world, I thought I knew myself, but I knew nothing at all. Estrella De Madrigal.

THis is a very good peice.

Jacknel123 GOLD, Miami, Florida

-- MARK TWAIN

Thank you!! You guys are so kind this really means allot to me

Candy said...
Your work is unbelievably gorgeous!! Fabulous article too. Best wishes for your continued success!

Sunday said...
Beautiful pieces and I love your story. Congrats!

Ms. Gray said...
Such elegance in your work. I found this really interesting as I am just starting out on Etsy. You are such an inspiration, thankyou.

Sara said...
Holy McMoly Boy!  I'm taken away by your gorgeous Ceramics work...so unique, I LOVE it!

Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
amazing 

TheLoquaciousDungBeetle BRONZE, Alamosa, Colorado

Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.
Rainer Maria Rilke

Wicked. Absolutely wonderful.

SpecialK BRONZE, Titusville, New Jersey

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Wow, this is incredible. I really get's you thinking... Awesome job!

StephanieD SILVER, Hicksville, New York
this is amazing.<br />
I love the story, the concept, everything.<br />
(:

MyOnlineIdentity BRONZE, Bayside, New York

And secretly, in my heart, i would gnaw and nibble and probe and suck away at myself until the bitter taste turned at last into a kind of shameful, devilish sweetness and, finally, downfight definite pleasure. Yes, pleasure, pleasure! I stand by that. - Fyodor Dostoyevsky. " Notes from Underground"

love love love love!