Jared Leto: A Side Profile | Teen Ink

Jared Leto: A Side Profile

By MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

A side profile I rendered of actor/singer Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars. Honestly, I just couldn't get over the awesome neon pink mohawk, though this piece was done in grayscale. Just crazy. :) Anyway, done with a #2 pencil, eraser pencils, and blending tortillons. Took a couple hours. Please comment and rate. Enjoy and thank you for viewing.

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

"One heartbeat."

-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Thank you for commenting on this; very few people comment, they often just rate, which is fine, too, but I truly appreciate the criticism. It helps make me a better artist. I originally was going to do no background shading, however, because his shadow is only on one side, his body/shirt would have blended on the right side; I couldn't differentiate between the two because they were both white white. So I added shading in just that corner, but thought it would look weird if I didn't do an even shading on the other side of his body. But thank you, I do see what you are saying, and again, I appreciate your comments and advice! :)

TheShyOne BRONZE,

We are are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. ~Oscar Wilde

This is pretty much the most awesome thing I've ever seen. Haha, okay, so maybe not, but it's pretty close. This is a great sketch! It looks really realistic....my one piece of advice would be to be careful about the shading of the background, because sometimes it can actually make your drawing look flatter. That being said, I had to search for anything to really critique. This is great.