The Performance | Teen Ink

The Performance

By UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio
UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

"It's a monday. I got nothin' goin' on..." ~O. Rogers

Don't be anyone's puppet. Dance to your own choreography!

Similar images

This art has 22 comments.

FefeBelieve SILVER, Nh, New Hampshire

anything is posible, you just have to believe in yourself, and try hard, and if you fall, get back up, and try again, the sky is you limit :)

I love the idea behind it! I really like this! :) good job

ChessyNikkole BRONZE, Yates Center, Kansas

Love is like softball, once you learn the rules of the game, you forget the rules and play with your heart! :)

I Love That Its Unique! :)

dawnof17 said...
I'm gona squoosh my stuff on da screen and he'll wish he had obeyed long ago:)

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Oh no prob! But sorry it didn't help much. I hope it all works out soon enough!

dawnof17 said...
I'm a Holdeman Mennonite; we don't take pictures. But I'll scratch cooperation out of this computer yet. I may be 90 by that time, but I plan to show you my stuff:} Thanx fer your help!

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Take picturres! It'll work better than you think! Just improve the brightness and contrast of the image in whatever editor you have, and it will look almost just as good. Promise :)))

dawnof17 said...
saaaaaaaaddddddddd..................

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Oh so you don't have photoshop? That's the only way I know how to do it. Sorry :/  Maybe, if worst comes to worst, you can just take a picture of your art? I used to scan mine too, but then my mom lost the CD for the scanner and we couldn't hook it up to our new computer, so I couldn't use it. Now I just take pictures with a crappy camera but it works out fine. Good luck :D

dawnof17 said...
i opened it on microsoft office picture manager, clicked "type" on the "bar/menu thingy" and found all the types. i check-marked the JPEG file and clicked "ok" then closed the picture. it's STILL silly old bitmap. i found nothing about grayscale, or images or modes. GR!

dawnof17 said...
wow thanks. i found where to change it to a JPEG but im not sure it changed. i'll see! thanks heaps:)

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Ohhhhh. Okay. Yeah the EXACT same thing happened to me! So, what I did is I opened the image with Photoshop Elements Editor. It should be supported and show up if it's bitmap. Go to Images in the top bar/menu thing, go to Mode under that, and then a list with Bitmap and other modes should extend out. Bitmap is currently checkmarked. Click Grayscale instead. Then you can go to File and save it as a JPEG. Ta da!!! I think that should work. I haven't done it in a while but I just went on Photoshop to go thru it and I could get Bitmap to a jpeg. Hope it works out!!!

dawnof17 said...
They're bitmap images if that gives you any clue how to help. How OTHER can I possibly scan them?

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Thanks!!! And sorry I haven't commented earlier--I tried but teenink was fudged up for the past few weeks and I haven't been able to comment on anything at all. Hmph. But anyway, what computer do you use? I use a PC, Windows, whatev, so if you do too then I'll probably be able to help. And what type file are your images now?

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

Thanks!! Thank you sooo much everybody for the nice critique!

maxxykat94 PLATINUM, Centreville, Virginia

Do everything with excellence.

love the idea behind it

flywiththebirds SILVER, Vancleave, Mississippi

Revenge is sweet, but forgiveness is sweeter.

Revelations 21:23

But what is the ocean but a multitude of drops?

this is so cool :)

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Conceptual and very meaningful. Great work!!! :)))

DeepCee SILVER said...
DeepCee SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana
this has a wonderful message, and beautiful talent. i love the details, especially on the dress and hair.

SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

I love it! The detail and expression is amazing! I love the dress, it's so well done! Absolutely amazing piece! You made the strings look very realistic! Wonderful Artwork! I love the message behind it!

dawnof17 said...

Look at her right leg, (your left). If it was flat beside her other one, it would be much longer. The knee would even be lower.

BUT, enough of those comments. I've showed up again in front of your nose to tell you I like it. I tried once, but the comment didn't show up. That skirt on her....no words. It's perfect. I like the shape of her head, it gives feeling, and her hair is done well too. I wish I could post some of my drawings on her but I don't know how to. They're the wrong type of something and don't work:( How do you do it?